martes, 8 de diciembre de 2009

New Tires

triumph6

Just a quickie, As you know I’ve been struggling lately with plantar fasciitis. In an attempt to get better and protect my feet I realized I needed a pair of new running shoes.  I’ve been running on Brooks Radius 7 for exactly a year, I was very embarrassed when I realized this, but it has been for $ Rea$on$ that I’ve been so sloppy regarding my shoes.  I have medium arches and no pronation, so anything in the Neutral Cushioned category will suit me just fine.  I spent quite a few hours searching for shoes, reading reviews and comparing prices.  I hit the wall when I saw how much a decent pair of running shoes had gone up on price. You can’t buy shoes for much less than a $100 bucks.  I had a budget of about $70-85 but really there wasn’t much to look around on that price range, everything was crap (poor reviewed) or was getting discontinue or left behind(clearance).  After I realized there wasn’t much to gain waiting on shoes to arrive after buying them online, I decided to go local.  Big Er. Same thing, everything around $100 and not much of a variety either. On my last stop I was finally able to see some decent shoes, even though they were not cheap by any means. I came across the Saucony Triumph 6, the store guy told me he used them and they felt very good. I order them in size 11.5 and tried them on. They felt pretty nice I should add, but with a 89.99 price tag I was a little bit out of budget.  So I “politely” asked for a discount and they say the better they could do was 84.99 -$5 off. After I wandered around the store for aprox 30min. I decided I really needed the shoe and 5 off was better than nothing at all, I went on and completed the sale.I rushed home and went to check on reviews of them. I was happy to see they were in the same price on internet stores. Apparently the version has come out that for the discount price. As for users reviews, I’m going to skip those for today.  SO!!! for the first time I’ll be running in Sauconys and be able to review them, I’ll let you know how it goes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario