sábado, 5 de diciembre de 2009

Feet-Feet Complaining

footSo here I am, 5 weeks away from one of my ultimate goals for 2010; a PB @ Walt Disney World half-marathon. Guess what? Mrs. Plantar Fasciitis has shown out and she doesn’t want to go away. It started with intermittent heel pain and has worsen into an almost unmanageable discomfort.  I took a week off from running, stretching the hell out of calves, feet, Achilles tendons & hamstrings and it did little to reduce the pain while running. Today I tried a 12 mile long run,a after a week of rest, I was in pain since mile #1. Managed to shuffle my way to a 10 miler, before I was barely unable to walk. So with that, what once was a chance to PR @the 13.1 distance, is now an effort to even participate. I’ll keep the self-treatment-rest combo and see what I can do. I’ll keep you update on how it goes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario